NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes and Artichoke Salad
Course Type: Side Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
A delicious Mediterranean-inspired salad idea
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 10 oz. package hearts of romaine
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. fresh chopped oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, thyme, basil, sea salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, red onion and artichoke hearts.
- Pour half of the dressing over the tomato mixture, and sprinkle in 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan as well. Mix well.
- Place all of the romaine leaves in a large bowl with the remaining dressing and toss gently, making sure all of the leaves are coated.
- Arrange leaves on a large platter, and distribute tomato mixture evenly among the leaves.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over the entire platter. Serve chilled.