Course Type: Appetizer
NatureSweet® Comets™ Tomato Crab Bites
An appetizer they won’t be able to keep their claws off of
- 24 NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes
- 1/4 pound lump crab meat
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. chives, minced
- 1/8 tsp. Old Bay® Seasoning
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the tops off the Sunbursts® tomatoes, and carefully scoop out a portion of the pulp to accommodate the crab filling. Sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with salt, and then place upside down on a paper towel to allow the excess juices to drain.
- Pick through the crab meat to make sure it is free of shell fragments.
- In a small bowl, add crab meat, mayonnaise, Old Bay Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, minced chives, and lemon zest. Season to taste with lemon juice, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Using a small spoon, equally divide the crab mixture between tomatoes.
Recipes created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to NatureSweet®. All rights reserved.