NatureSweet® Constellation™ Cast Iron Salsa
Course Type: Salsa
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Knock-your-socks-off salsa that will keep you coming back for more!
- 1 16.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes
- 1-2 fresh serrano peppers (depending on desired heat)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large metal bowl, place the entire package of Constellation™ tomatoes and two serrano peppers. Pour in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Blend well, making sure all tomatoes and peppers are lightly coated.
- Pour tomatoes and peppers into hot cast-iron pan and cook, turning occasionally, about 6-8 minutes, or until slightly charred and softened.
- Transfer back into metal bowl and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Blend with an immersion blender for 30-40 seconds until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve warm, or store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 days.