NatureSweet® Constellation™ Grilled Plank Salmon
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 90 minutes
Making salmon even more savory
- 1 cedar grilling plank
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet, 1-inch thick
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 16.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, snipped
- An hour before grilling, soak the grilling plank in enough water to cover completely.
- Preheat grilling plank on the grill rack directly over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until plank starts to smoke and crackle.
- Rinse salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Place fillet, skin side down, on a shallow tray or dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Rub mix over salmon, pressing in gently with your fingers.
- Place the salmon fillet, skin side down, on the grilling plank. Cover and grill for 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes with garlic cloves, olive oil, and snipped thyme.
- Heat a grill basket on the grill for 5 minutes. Gently add tomato mix, cover, and grill for 8 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft and slightly charred but retain their shape.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top salmon fillet with tomato topping and serve.