Course Type: Main Course
NatureSweet® Glorys® Polenta Pie
Polenta pie perfection
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. fontina cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil, oregano, and/or thyme
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- On a large baking sheet, combine asparagus, NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, and onion. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir once. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk just to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, water, and the remaining salt. Stir cornmeal mixture slowly into hot milk in the saucepan to create the polenta. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir the fontina cheese, snipped basil, oregano or thyme, butter, and garlic into the polenta mixture. Cook for about 4 more minutes until thick but still creamy. Pour polenta mixture into prepared tart pan.
- Arrange roasted vegetables on top of polenta. Return to oven, and bake for 15 minutes at 400° F.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese, and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from tart pan and serve in wedges.