NatureSweet® Glorys® Spaghetti Squash
Course Type: Gluten Free, Main Course
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
A fresh take on spaghetti without the pasta or meat
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Using a large knife, carefully slice off the stem end of the squash. Follow by cutting the squash in half, lengthwise. With a large spoon, gently scoop out the seeds and membrane from inside each squash half until the surface is clean and all seeds are removed.
- Brush the cut sides of each squash using 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place each squash half cut side down on an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° F for 30-35 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the skin of the squash with a fork. Remove from oven, allow to cool.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in basil and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred the meat of the squash. It will come away from the skin easily and resemble spaghetti noodles. Evenly distribute the squash noodles inside each squash shell.
- Pour half the tomato mixture into each squash shell, and spread out to even thickness. Top each squash shell with the shredded cheese, and bake cut side up at 375° F for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Inspired by recipe submitted by 2014 Glorys® of Cooking winner Anne Colvin.