Course Type: Appetizer
NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes Toffee
Not your typical toffee – a cheesy, savory, Parmesany crisp with roasted tomatoes on top
- 12 NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, and kosher salt.
- Transfer tomato mixture to cookie sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes just begin to release their juices. Remove to a rack to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400° F.
- Cover 1-2 cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Mound the cheese in the center of the cookie sheet(s), and flatten with the back of a spoon to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and cool for 2-3 minutes until set.
- Break into shards, and gently press a tomato half into each piece. Yields 2 dozen pieces.