Pizza Monkey Bread with NatureSweet® Glorys® Marinara Sauce
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 190 minutes
A perfect game-day or kids’ party appetizer
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, oven-dried
- Frozen pizza dough, thawed, cubed, and coated with 1 tbsp. flour to keep cubes from sticking together
- 6 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 8 4-1/2-inch mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into thirds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes Marinara Sauce
Instructions:Oven-Dried NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Cut the Glorys® tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds. Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with 2 tsp. olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Spread out the tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 2 hours, until shriveled but not dry or crispy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, microwave the pepperoni for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 45 seconds to render the fat. Transfer pepperoni to paper towels.
- Prepare a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pizza dough cubes with mozzarella pieces, pepperoni, dried oregano, and oven-dried tomatoes. Drizzle 2 tbsp. olive oil over the mix. Place into the Bundt pan and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise at room temperature until slightly puffy, about 20 minutes.
- Place pan on the middle oven rack and cook for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes Marinara Sauce.