Roasted Tomato and Butternut Squash Bruschetta
Course Type: Appetizer, Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
The perfect balance of sweet and savory in every bite.
- 1 (10-oz) container NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound butternut squash peeled, de-seeded and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 baguette, sliced
- ¾ cup mascarpone cheese
- Fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, chopped
- Honey or balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, butternut squash, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, tossing once, until the tomatoes are blistered, and the squash is soft and slightly caramelized, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly, then toss in the pecans.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of mascarpone cheese on a baguette slice. Top with the squash and tomato mixture. Repeat with the remaining baguette slices. Garnish with fresh herbs and a drizzle of honey or balsamic glaze.