Course Type: Breakfast, Healthy Options, Snack
Savory Constellation™ Tomato Parfait
A savory, healthier twist on a classic parfait, featuring NatureSweet® tomatoes!
Ingredients:For savory granola:
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw shelled pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats, pecans and pumpkin seeds in large bowl. Add olive oil, honey, egg white, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Spread on prepared baking sheet in an even layer and bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the granola bakes, prepare marinated tomatoes. Combine Constellation™ tomato halves, shallot and garlic in medium bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Let sit 15 minutes, then stir again to combine.
- To assemble parfait, spread 1 cup yogurt in each serving bowl. Top with granola and marinated tomatoes.