Savory French Toast with Sweet Glorys® Tomato Relish
Course Type: Breakfast
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Our sweet and savory spin on a beloved breakfast classic!
Ingredients:Sweet Tomato Relish
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, torn
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices soft bread
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the tomatoes and honey. Simmer until the tomato mixture begins to thicken, about 4-5 minutes. Toss in the torn basil. Turn off the heat, and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese and spices.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for about 20 seconds on each side. Lift the bread from the dish, and let the excess egg batter drain. Cook the toast (in batches, if necessary) until it is deeply golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Place aside, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Top each toast with some of the rewarmed tomato relish, and garnish with powdered sugar.