Shrimp Linguine with NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes and Parmesan
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
A tasty twist on pasta
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp (16/20 count), peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and stem the tomatoes, and then cut each one in half.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, 3 tbsp. oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp. salt. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tbsp. salt. Stir in the linguine, and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the shrimp in the skillet until they are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the center, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.
- When the linguine is cooked, drain in a colander (do not rinse), and then return to the pot with shrimp, tomatoes, cheese, remaining 1 tbsp. oil and parsley. Mix well. Add pepper to taste. Serve warm.