Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Glorys® Tomatoes
Course Type: Healthy Options, Main Course
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Easy, delicious and healthy chicken parm!
- 2 10-oz. containers NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise if too large
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and brown the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes. Flip them over, and push to one side of the skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic; let wilt slightly.
- Add the tomatoes and Italian seasoning, and continue to cook for about 8 more minutes until the tomatoes have cooked down. Stir to combine the onions and tomatoes.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over each chicken breast, and sprinkle a quarter of each of the cheeses over each piece of chicken.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes are bubbly.
- Plate the chicken breasts, and garnish with fresh basil.