Skillet Smack’en Mac With Glorys®
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Macaroni, beef, tomatoes…Need we say more?
- 2 10-oz. containers NatureSweet Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook and drain the pasta. Set the drained pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic and onions until the onions begin to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and spices, and continue to cook until the meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes, and continue to cook until they start to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, and combine all the ingredients. Continue to heat for another 5 minutes, stirring to meld all the flavors.
- Top with the grated cheese and allow to melt before serving.
For a more adult version, feel free to add a couple of drops of your favorite hot sauce or 1 tsp. of chili flakes.