Spicy Poached Eggs and Glorys® Sauce
Course Type: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Healthy Options
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Kick-start your day with a little spice!
- 1 10-oz container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 eggs
- Fresh chopped basil (garnish)
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, sliced onions and peppers.
- Toss until the peppers begin to wilt, and then add salt and pepper, tomatoes and chili powder. Continue to stir and cook until the tomatoes are completely broken down and the juices begin to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Crack each egg, one at a time, into the tomato mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until the whites are completely set and yolks start to thicken.
- Serve each egg with tomato sauce.