Tikka-Masala Chicken and NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes Kebabs
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 100 minutes
Put a little kick in your kebabs
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 2 chicken thighs, boned, skinned, and cut in 1-inch dice
- Indian NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Chutney (see separate recipe)
- 2 tsp. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large chunks
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl with all the marinade ingredients, and mix together well. Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Place the chicken onto skewers, alternating the chicken with chunks of onion and Glorys® tomatoes. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat an ovenproof sauté pan or cast-iron skillet until smoking hot, and add the skewers. Cook for a few minutes on each side, or until lightly charred.
- Juice half the lime and drizzle over the chicken. Add the other half of the lime, cut side down, to the pan. Place in a hot oven for eight minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve chicken skewers with the charred lime and Indian NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Chutney.