Vegan Breakfast Pitas with NatureSweet® Cherubs®
Course Type: Breakfast, Vegan
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Sweet, spicy and oh-so-scrumptious.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 medium poblano peppers, sliced lengthwise & halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 oz) container of NatureSweet® Cherubs®, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole grain pitas, warmed
- Fresh arugula
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion. Without stirring, cook the onions for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to brown. Stir the onions so that more of them are exposed to the pan and let sit for another minute to promote more browning.
- Add the poblano peppers and garlic, and continue to cook until the poblanos soften, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until they soften and shrink slightly. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each pita with a handful of arugula and a scoop of the vegetable mixture. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!