Vegan Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cherubs® Tomatoes and Pecans
Course Type: Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten Free, Heart Healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
This heart healthy salad is sweet, savory and simply irresistible.
Ingredients:For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup carrots, small diced
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs®, quartered lengthwise
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl or mason jar with a lid. Whisk or shake the jar vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a medium, non-stick, dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add the pecans to the skillet in a single layer, and toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll know the pecans are toasted when you begin to smell their nutty aroma. Set aside.
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and remove any loose outer leaves. Slice very thinly or shred in a food processor. Pro tip: you can also find bags of pre-shredded Brussels sprouts in the produce section.
- Mix Brussels sprouts, carrots, tomatoes, and chopped pecans together in a salad bowl. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.