Course Type: Healthy Options, Heart Healthy, Main Course, Salad
Vietnamese Style Salmon Salad
The fresh herbs and NatureSweet Constellation tomatoes make this salad so refreshing and vibrant.
Ingredients:Recipe courtesy of IG @ChristyCooks_Ingredients:
- 2 pcs of salmon
- 1 cup NatureSweet Constellation tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- Handful of mint
- ½ cup edamame
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- Crushed roasted peanuts
- Fried shallots
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 15 Birds Eye or Thai chili
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 3/4 cup fish sauce
Instructions:Vietnamese Style Salmon Salad
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pan fry in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add vegetables, salmon, then top with scallion oil, peanuts and fried shallots.
- Drizzle on Vietnamese nuoc cham (fish sauce) and enjoy.
- Add sugar into a heat proof bowl and pour in the hot water. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Cut up some chilis and garlic and toss it into a food processor with 2 tbsp of the sugar/water mix. This helps it blend smoother. Blend this until it’s a chunky paste.
- Squeeze 1/2 cup of lime juice and pour this into the chili mixture to get all of it out of the food processor, you don’t want to waste any of it.
- Pour this into the cooled sugar/water mixture and then add the fish sauce.