Course Type: Healthy Options, Main Course
Baja Fish Tacos with Cherubs®
Taco Tuesday has a whole new meaning
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, halved
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of two limes, divided
- Zest of lime
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small skillet on high, and toast each of the tortillas in the dry skillet until they begin to blister. Remove tortillas from the skillet, wrap in aluminum foil and allow them to steam a bit. Hold until ready to assemble.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with the juice and zest of a lime. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro and cumin with the juice of another lime. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add oil to the skillet. Add the tilapia filets, and sprinkle with chili powder and oregano. Flip the fish after about 4 minutes, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes, until firm. Note: You may have to cook in batches.
- To assemble a taco, place half a tilapia into a warmed tortilla, add some of the tomato/cabbage mixture and top with a dollop of the lime yogurt.