Cajun Comets™, Chicken and Corn Lettuce Cups
Course Type: Appetizer, Main Course, Snack
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Super sweet NatureSweet® Comets™ paired with a Cajun kick!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 1/2 large red pepper, diced
- 1 cup grilled or roasted corn kernels
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tbsp. Cajun spice mix
- 1 (10-oz.) container of NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, red onion, garlic and peppers, and heat until the peppers begin to wilt, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the corn and toss to heat.
- Add the chicken and Cajun spice mix. Heat, separating the chicken as it cooks until the chicken is no longer pink, for another 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the chicken mixture, two NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes and a sprinkle of goat cheese crumbles into each lettuce cup.