Course Type: Healthy Options, Main Course
Cherubs® Chia Grain Bowl
Start off your new year by adding this delicious bowl to your dinner rotation
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the diced butternut squash onto a sheet pan, and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the quinoa, cover pan and turn down the heat to low. Simmer the quinoa until fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, toss in the kale and heat on low until the kale turns a bright green.
- To plate, place a quarter of the squash against the side of a shallow bowl. Then place a quarter of the quinoa, kale, carrots, chickpeas and tomatoes in the bowl. Sprinkle with sunflower and chia seeds. Repeat with the remaining ingredients in three more bowls, and finish with a drizzle of your favorite vinaigrette dressing.