Comets™ Touchdown Taco Salad
Course Type: Appetizer, Game Day
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Score a taco toooouchdown with your team
- 2 10-oz. containers NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups yellow tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 2/3 cup water
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef and onions until the meat is cooked through. Drain off any excess fat. Add the taco seasoning and water. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, drained black beans and cheddar cheese. Toss well to combine. Add the warmed seasoned ground beef and the French dressing.
- Layer taco salad mix over tortilla chips, and serve.