Constellation™ Salad in a Jar
Course Type: Appetizer, Entreé Salad, Side Salad, Snack
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Whether it’s for work or a picnic, this Salad in a Jar recipe is a delicious way to enjoy lunch on-the-go!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. orange marmalade
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10-oz.) container of NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cups goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a one-quart mason jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, marmalade, mustard, salt and pepper. Screw on the lid and shake to mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Evenly distribute dressing in four one-quart mason jars, reserving about a quarter of the dressing in the original mixing jar.
- Begin layering the salad in each of the jars by first placing the carrots, followed by cabbage, cucumbers, NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, rice, peppers and goat cheese. Press all the ingredients down with a spoon. Top with the spinach. Seal and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Shake the jar to distribute the dressing. Empty into a bowl and enjoy.