Easy Baked Feta with Fresh Herbs and Tomatoes
Course Type: Appetizer, Healthy Options
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Serve up this easy and cheesy showstopper at your next get together.
- 2 cups NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach, packed
- 10 oz. feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, shallots, garlic, mint, dill, 1 tbsp. parsley, olive oil, and a few grinds of pepper. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
- Blanch the spinach in well-salted boiling water until bright green and wilted, then shock the spinach in ice water. Squeeze out excess moisture. Chop roughly.
- Arrange a layer of spinach in an oven-safe dish, and pile some of the tomato mixture on the spinach, then crumble the feta. Repeat until the dish is filled with the layers of spinach, tomato mixture, and feta. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with pita chips. Enjoy immediately.