Farro Salad with NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes, Pistachios, and Pomegranate Seeds
Course Type: Entreé Salad
Preparation Time: 75 minutes
This farro salad is far out!
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups water
- 10 oz. farro
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, snipped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. mint, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/3 cup red peppers, diced, roasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine water and farro in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the farro is tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well, and then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Add the halved NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, onion, herbs, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and roasted red peppers to the farro, and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Add the vinaigrette to the salad, and toss to coat.
- Fold in the crumbled feta cheese, being careful not to overmix the salad.
- Salad can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.