Glorys® Cheesy Cast Iron Dip
Course Type: Appetizer, Game Day
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Game-winning cheesy goodness
- 2 10-oz. containers NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
- In a small cast iron skillet (a 6-inch skillet works well), heat the oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning. Continue cooking for about 4-6 minutes until the tomatoes are wilted. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and grated cheese in a small mixing bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Add the cheese/cornstarch mixture to the cast iron skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Slowly pour about half the milk in the skillet, and whisk constantly for about 2 minutes until smooth. Add the remaining milk, and continue to whisk until the dip is thickened.
- Stir in the reserve tomatoes and spices, and mix well. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve the dip in the cast iron skillet with your favorite store-bought or homemade pita chips.