Course Type: Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten Free, Heart Healthy, Vegetarian
Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Tomatoes
Impress your guests with this heart healthy, hearty, and oh-so-heavenly casserole.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach (6 oz bag)
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs®, halved lengthwise
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup half-and-half (or unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice)
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until just softened and translucent. Add spinach to the pan and cook until it just begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the onion and spinach across the bottom of the baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese, then the Cherubs® tomatoes.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add milk, ground mustard, salt, and pepper to eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until eggs are set and the top of the casserole is lightly browned. Enjoy!