Grilled Tips, Toast and Glorys® Skewer Salad
Course Type: Entreé Salad, Main Course
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
An all-American classic dish as a salad
- 1½ lbs. beef tips or cubed tenderloin
- 20 NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 16 cubes coarse country bread
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 medium head romaine, leaves separated
- 1 lemon, cut into four wedges
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine beef cubes, NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, bread cubes and 3 tbsp. olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary and toss to coat evenly.
- Thread ingredients onto skewers in the following order: beef, tomatoes and bread. Each skewer should have 5 pieces beef and tomatoes, and 4 cubes of bread.
- Place skewers on hot grill and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on all four sides.
- Meanwhile, place romaine leaves on serving platter or individual plates. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place grilled skewers on top of romaine leaves and top with shaved parmesan.