Course Type: Condiment
Indian NatureSweet® Twilights™ Tomato Chutney
Pair with cheeses. Serve with proteins. Add to sandwiches. It’s the perfect mix of sweet and spicy.
- 2-1/4 pounds NatureSweet® Twilights™ tomatoes, quartered
- 4 finely sliced medium red onions (about 4 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chile, minced (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1-1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 cardamom seeds, pods removed
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a large heavy-bottomed pan, and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for 1 hour, then raise the heat, stirring constantly until the mixture turns thick, dark, jammy, and shiny.
- Place into sterilized jars and allow to cool before covering. Will keep for 6 weeks.
Recipes created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to NatureSweet®. All rights reserved.