Course Type: Entreé Salad
NatureSweet® Cherubs® Caprese Pasta Salad
Planning a picnic? This would be a perfect addition.
- 4 cups NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2-3 minced anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz. diced fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 pinch red chili flakes (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the anchovies, capers, and vinegar; stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl, and then toss with the garlic oil mixture until well coated. Allow the pasta to cool to room temperature.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and chili flakes. Toss the salad gently until well combined, adding some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Recipes created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to NatureSweet®. All rights reserved.