NatureSweet® Constellation™ Roasted Garlic Tart
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 135 minutes
A tasty tart for any occasion
- 10 oz. NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic puree
- 10 fresh basil leaves, whole
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 10 heads garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F, and place a rack over a large baking sheet.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and arrange in a single layer on the rack. Season lightly with 1/4 tsp. salt. Let drain for 30 minutes.
- Place the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10-inch square. Transfer to a baking sheet and brush evenly with olive oil.
- Spread the garlic puree evenly over the pastry sheet, and arrange the tomato halves over the pastry. Sprinkle basil leaves on top of the tomatoes, and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into small squares and serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil package and cook for 1 hour in oven.
- Remove cloves from foil and peel.
- Puree garlic in food processor, add olive oil, and blend until incorporated.
- Store garlic puree in glass jar with tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate.