NatureSweet® Glorys® Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Talk about easy, fresh, and delicious
- 2 cups NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, chopped for sauce
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved for topping
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided use
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak quinoa for about 10 minutes in warm water. Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Drain quinoa and add to boiling chicken broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 12 to 15 minutes. There should be no liquid remaining. Turn heat off and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine chopped Glorys® tomatoes and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan at medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Add half-and-half, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, and continue cooking until heated.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped chicken, quinoa, Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Gently fold the warmed tomato sauce into the mixture.
- Pour quinoa mixture into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup halved Glorys® tomatoes. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Garnish with fresh chopped basil.