NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes Fra Diavolo
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
A beautiful and delicious Italian dish everyone will love
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. jarred minced garlic (or 3 cloves, minced)
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tsp. salt and the red pepper flakes.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the shrimp, and sauté until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a large plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the same skillet, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, garlic and oregano, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley and basil, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the tomato mixture, and toss to coat.
- Season with more salt to taste and serve over linguine or your favorite pasta.
- For a truly “spicy” Shrimp Fra Diavolo, add an additional 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper flakes to the shrimp before sautéing.