Shaved Asparagus and Cherubs® Tomato Salad
Course Type: Entreé Salad, Healthy Options, Side Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Forgo traditional lettuce for shaved asparagus in this unique and delicious salad.
- 1/2 lb. French or Italian bread, preferably slightly stale
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 (10-ounce) package NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Shaved Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Tear bread into approximately 1” cubes and spread on rimmed baking sheet. Pour olive oil, thyme and salt over bread and toss to combine. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 10-12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients for dressing until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Shave asparagus spears with vegetable peeler along length to create thin ribbons. In a medium bowl, toss shaved asparagus with dressing until coated.
- To assemble salad, arrange shaved asparagus on serving plate. Top with Cherubs® tomatoes and shallot. Garnish with pine nuts, parsley, shaved parmesan, croutons and black pepper.