Summer Seasonal Tomato Medley Pizza
Course Type: Appetizer, Lunch Entreé, Main Course, Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 1hr 40min
Take a bite out of summer with this fresh and flavorful ‘za.
- 2 (10 oz.) containers NatureSweet® Summer Medley® tomatoes
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs of pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups ricotta
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 zucchini, shaved lengthwise
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Brush a rectangular rimmed baking pan with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Gently stretch the pizza dough to a rectangle that will fit snugly in your prepared baking sheet, pressing dough into edges of pan. Brush dough with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, then bake until golden, about 16 minutes.
- While the dough is cooking, whisk together the shallot, vinegar, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, stir and set aside to marinate.
- Once you have removed the dough from the oven, mix ricotta, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl until mixture looks well blended and fluffy.
- Spread ricotta mixture over crust, leaving a crust border on all sides. Then, top with soppressata. Bake until the ricotta mixture is golden, and the edges of soppressata are curled up and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Gently remove tomatoes from the marinade and add to a large mixing bowl. Add zucchini, fresh basil and about one-third of the marinade and toss. Place the zucchini-tomato mixture on your pizza and drizzle remaining tomato marinade over the pizza. Serve immediately.