Vegetarian NatureSweet® Tomato and Basil Frittata
Course Type: Breakfast, Brunch, Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Add a pop of color and flavor with this vegetarian-friendly brunch idea.
- 1 (18-oz) container of NatureSweet® Cherubs®
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- Add the oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and gently toss in the oil for 1 minute. Be careful not to break the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the egg mixture into the skillet and let cook until the sides are set but the middle is still runny.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes. To check if the frittata is done, cut a small slit in the center of the frittata. If liquid seeps into the cut, bake for another few minutes; if the eggs are set, pull the frittata from the oven.
- For a browned, crispy top, run the frittata under the broiler for a minute or two at the end of cooking.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve.