Grilled Chicken with NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes and Orzo Casserole
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
A zesty casserole that will be a hit year-round
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1 14-oz. can chicken broth
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chili peppers
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp. BBQ rub for chicken
- Salt to taste
- Prepare grill for chicken breasts. Season with BBQ rub and grill for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large saucepan, heat cumin seed over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until seeds are fragrant and toasted. Shake pan occasionally.
- Carefully stir in broth, tomatoes, chili peppers and orzo. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish sprayed with nonstick olive oil.
- Slice chicken into strips; top orzo mix with grilled chicken breast.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Let casserole stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and top with sliced jalapeño peppers (optional).