NatureSweet® Jubilees® Tomato Flatbread
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cut it into pieces for company, or keep it all to yourself
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated
- 2 NatureSweet® Jubilees® tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 package premade flatbread
- Olive oil, as needed for brushing
- 1 8-oz. container ricotta cheese, drained
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. basil, chiffonade
- For the garlic oil, warm the olive oil and garlic cloves in a small saucepan over low heat for about 45 minutes to infuse the garlic flavor. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Remove the garlic cloves, and reserve for another use.
- Brush flatbread liberally with olive oil, and put on a hot grill. Grill on both sides until golden brown and heated through. If you’re using raw dough, grill until cooked through on each side.
- Remove the flatbread from the grill, and spread one side with 1/4 of the ricotta. Shingle the tomatoes over the top, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with garlic oil, and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Recipes created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to NatureSweet®. All rights reserved.